Search This Blog

Monday 7 July 2014

Christmas Trees ~ Tumbler Dryer Sheet Technique

Hello bloggers I hope that you are well and enjoyed your weekend.   Despite the rain forecast we had a lovely sunny weekend.  Today I have a Christmas card made using the tumble dryer technique.



This card began as an A4 sheet of centura pearl card stock that I cut and scored to make a 6x6 card blank.  Next using pine needles distress ink I stamped the Christmas trees onto white card stock using Stamping with Dimension 'Christmas trees' stamp set.  They were stamped using 1st and 2nd generation stamping.  Next I took a used tumble dryer sheet and ironed it to get rid of the creases.  I then put it in my spray station and sprayed it with spray adhesive. I then added it to front of the card stock and smoothed it down.

 Next I added Hunkydory 'fairy kisses' glitter all over the front of the card.  I pressed it into the tumble dryer sheet.  Once completely covered and allowed to dry for a few minutes I cut the topper down to size.  I then used some emerald green ribbon and tied it around the topper securing it at the back with red line tape. The topper was then adhered to the card blank.

  The ribbon was then tied into a bow.  Next the sentiment was stamped onto white card stock using the same ink and stamp set as above.  It was then die cut using Spellbinders 'holiday tags' die set.  Whilst still in the die I inked the edges with the same ink as it was stamped with.  Finally the tag was added to the card by threading some green bakers twine through the ribbon and tag finishing off with a small bow.
Happy Crafting  xx Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment