Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Holly Poinsettia

Hello bloggers today's card is my first Christmas card.  Whoops I've said it now please don't shout at me, it will soon be upon us and as crafter you know as well as I do we have to start months in advance of the big day.


I began with an A4 card blank that I score and folded to make a 5.5" square card.  Next I cut some red card stock to make a mat for the base card.  Then I cut some more green card stock to make a further mat for the card.  The last mat to be cut was from white card stock.  These were all layered up and adhered together.   Using some more green  and red card stock I die cut the poinsettia using Spellbinders 'layered poinsettia' die set.   Whilst it was still in the die I inked through to pick up the stencilled details of the die.  This was then layered up and a faux pearl was adhered to the center.  With  more green card I die cut the central element using Spellbinders 'holly motif' die set.  Whilst the card stock was still in the die I inked through to pick up the stencilled details.  A bauble peel off was the attached the center of the motif.  Further peel offs were also added to the card corners and a sentiment was added to the top right side.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:

C.R.A.F.T  Challenge - challenge 207 christmas

My Time To Craft Challenge #222 - Christmas in May

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T. this week. Hope to see you again. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thias is very pretty - love all the die cuts - thank you fro playing along at My time to craft this week hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete