Search This Blog

Thursday 23 May 2013

Docrafts Pickles Elephant Birthday Wishes

Hello bloggers, today's card is a simple birthday wish.


1 topper, 2 sentiments & 3 brads
This card began as an A6 card blank.  First I embossed the card blank using that special touch mask 'crackle'.  I used this as I think it looks like a giraffe skin pattern. and my theme is wild animals.   Next I stamped out the image from Docraft's Pickles and Onion stamp set with iced spruce distress ink.  The image was then coloured in using several shades of grey ProMarkers.  This was then die cut using a Spellbinders  die that I can't find the name of, sorry.  Next from some black holographic card stock I used the same die as the topper and cut a mat from the topper.  This mat was then cut in half landscape and adhered to the topper to give the impression of a mat.  Next the sentiments were stamped out using black soot distress ink and the same stamp set.  These were then die cut using Spellbinders back to basics tags.  Whilst the die cuts were still in the die I inked through using the iced spruce distress ink.  The tags had brads added to cover the hole and finish them off nicely.  Finally the topper and sentiments were adhered to the card blank.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:

Passion for ProMarkers challenge - # 199 Special Anniversary - Anything Goes

Crafty Creations Challenge-  #223 Born to be Wild

2 Sisters Challenge - #144~ 1-2-3
You can check out the details herehttp://2sisterschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/challenge-144-1-2-3.html

Happy Crafting xx Hazel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your monochromatic colouring is fab. Thanks for celebrating our birthday with us at PFP this week! Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  2. so gorgeous hazel.fab design and colours and I love the adorable image.
    Thanks for joining in our `Special Anniversary` challenge this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete