Search This Blog

Monday 29 April 2013

Ruby

Hello, today's card is a fantasy card of a fairy named Ruby.


This card began with a shop brought 8x8 white card blank.  From some textured silver holographic card stock I cut a mat smaller than the card base and adhered it to the card blank.  Next from Fairy Gemstones CD I printed out a backing sheet and a topper sheet.  Using Spellbinders Labels 1 die I die cut the toppers and sentiment.  From silver holographic mirror board I die cut a mat for each topper and sentiment using the labels 1 die.  I adhered the toppers to the silver mats.  Next I cut down the backing paper from the CD to make a mat and adhered it to the silver mat. The toppers were adhered to the card bottom left and top right. Using Spellbinders Asian Accents die I cut two corners out of the silver mirror board. Through the corners I threaded some red bakers twine, this part was a bit tricky so I ended up threading part of it and then adhering the corners down and then finished of threading it whilst they were attached to the card.  In the centre I knotted the twine and wrapped it round all the strands to pull it together in the middle.  Finally I attached the sentiment topper over the knot using foam pads.

I hope you enjoyed this card the photograph really doesn't do it justice as it looks better in real life.

I am entering this card in to the following challenge

Alphabet Challenge F is for Fantasy
You can check out the details here http://alphabetchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/


5 comments:

  1. Great card - fab layout and I love the fairy!

    Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

    Sheena
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. a brilliant take on our "fantasy"-theme!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenge!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and fabulous image! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! love the image

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges!

    hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card with a great image. Thanks for joining our challenge at Alphabet Challenge this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete