Search This Blog

Thursday 4 April 2013

A Baby Is A Blessing

Hello, hope you are all well.  Today's card is a card I made for a friends new baby using spellbinders dies.


First with some hammered card stock I made an A5 card blank by scoring and folding an A4 sheet.  This was then coloured around the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Tattered Rose.  Next I cut some pinky/purple glitter card to form mats for the verse and birth details. These were adhered to the card blank using photoglue.  Using some card stock I had with girly wording on I cut a mat slightly smaller than the glitter card and adhered it the glitter card.  On my computer I typed out the verse and birth details and printed them onto white card stock.  These were then die cut and embossed using Spellbinders labels 21 die for the birth details and Spellbinders Large Labels die  for the verse.  Whilst they were still in the dies I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  The birth details were then matted onto the glitter card using foam pads to give it a bit of dimension.  The verse was matted onto the words paper so that some of the girly words could also be seen.

Hope you like it, why not pop back tomorrow to see what card I have made. xx hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment